Jeffrey Brantley - Calming Your Anxious Mind: How Mindfulness and Compassion Can Free You from Anxiety, Fear, and Panic
English | Size: 222.58 MBCategory: Everything Else
Drawing on techniques and perspectives from two seemingly different traditions, this second edition of the self-help classic Calming Your Anxious Mind offers you a powerful and profound approach to overcoming anxiety, fear, and panic.
From the evidence-based tradition of Western medicine, learn the role your thoughts and emotions play in anxiety. And from the tradition of meditation and the inquiry into meaning and purpose, discover your own potential for presence and stillness, kindness and compassion - and the tremendous power these states give you to heal and transform your life.
Use this encouraging, step-by-step program to:
* Learn about the mechanism of anxiety and the body's fear system
* Develop a healing mindfulness practice - one breath at a time
* Start on the path to presence, stillness, compassion, and loving-kindness
* Practice acceptance during mindfulness meditation
* Feel safe while opening up to fearful and anxious feelings